RES/CON NEW ORLEANS 2016 CALL FOR SPEAKERS
NEW ORLEANS – RES/CON NEW ORLEANS, formerly known as IDCE (International Disaster Conference & EXPO), is currently accepting presentations for speaking and presentation opportunities for its conference program taking place March 1-3, 2016 at the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center and in partnership with Greater New Orleans, Inc.
RES/CON is the premier international conference on the practice of successful resilience and disaster management in an evolving global environment. Based in New Orleans, the conference goals will be to:
- Facilitate thought leadership and innovation spanning multiple sectors (government, private sector, NGO, education, and more) across the globe
- Promote public private collaboration for addressing disaster and resilience challenges at a local, state, national or international level
- Learn from the experience of New Orleans and Louisiana as a global hub of resilience and a learning laboratory for the world
RES/CON attendees will represent a diversity of sectors involved with resilience and disaster management including practitioners, industry, policymakers, trade associations, coalitions, advocates, educational institutions, etc.
Presentations submitted for consideration should be in line with this purpose and may cover any number of topics including but not limited to Disaster Resilience, Economic Resilience, Coastal Restoration and Water Management, Technology, Emergency Management, Homeland Security, First Response, Business Continuity and all aspects of Disaster Resilience, Response, Recovery, and Mitigation. Presentations submitted for consideration are encouraged to be interactive and reflect a diversity of presenters, including race and gender, and viewpoints.
Session Tracks are tentatively confirmed as:
- Resiliency Management (Coastal Restoration, Stormwater Management, Design/Planning, Community Engagement, Workforce Development, Economic Value, Industry Clusters, etc.)
- Disaster Management (Emergency Response, Disaster Recovery, Disaster Preparedness, Animals in Disaster, Business Continuity, etc.)
- Technology & Innovation (Next Generation 911, Social Media Applications, Interoperability, Cyber Security, etc.)
- Public Health & Medical Management
- Insurance & Financing & Policy
These are subject to change based on submissions and feedback from registrants. If you would like to submit a session/presentation idea that may fall outside of these tracks, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information and someone will call to discuss your idea.
Interested parties are asked to submit presentation abstracts and relevant speaker / presentation information through the RES/CON Presentation Submission Portal which can be found on the RES/CON website resconnola.com and will be open through November 20, 2015. Presentations for the RES/CON 2016 program are selected by the Executive Advisory Committee (EAC). Questions regarding the conference program should be directed to show management through email: email@example.com.
There are 0 comments