Call for Session Proposals Now Open
ResCon, the annual conference on the practice of resilience and disaster management, is proud to continue its partnership with the National Governors Association (NGA) to produce ResCon 2021, being held June 14-16, 2021 at the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. Designed to be a highly collaborative in-person event, the program will be divided into two days of varied content structured to address multiple topics surrounding pandemic response including: successes, challenges, and mapping the path forward.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
ResCon is now accepting presentation proposals through March 22, 2021. This annual summit will bring the leadership and experience of the nation’s governors, plus a diverse mix of disaster and resilience practitioners to explore profound and powerful topics that impact communities and economies worldwide.
• Deadline for Proposals: March 22, 2021 at 5PM CST
• Notification of Speakers: April 5, 2021
• Conference Sessions: June 14 – 16, 2021
• LEAD – ResCon will welcome participants back as one of the industry’s first in-person events while adhering to strict social distancing guidelines.
• ENGAGE – An innovative format will include multiple roundtable events curating robust engagement and collaboration between Governors’ staff and resilience professionals.
• BUILD – Create achievable outcomes by sharing and addressing disaster and resilience challenges at a local, state, national or international level.
• Diversity & Co-presenting – presentation submissions are encouraged to reflect a diversity of presenters, including race, gender, industry, sector, geographical region, country, and viewpoint.
• Presentation Format – highly interactive and engaging formats such as roundtables, workshop activities, case studies, concrete lessons learned, technical information and materials that practitioners can apply to their own work are strongly encouraged.
• Presentations of academic or scientific studies are not encouraged unless the study has resulted in a best practice application or program.
• Speakers may not endorse specific products or services in their presentation. Private sector submitters may not use presentations as a means for business development or sales (there will be other opportunities at ResCon to conduct business development.)
How to Apply
Interested presenters are asked to submit presentation abstracts and relevant speaker / presentation information through the online portal which is open through March 22, 2021 at 5 p.m. CST sharp.
Presentations for the ResCon 2021 program are selected by the ResCon’s Leadership Team’s programming committee. Presenters will be notified by April 5, 2021.
Questions regarding the conference program should be directed to show management through email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ResCon Website and Social Media Links:
June 14 – 16, 2021
New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
The mission of ResCon is to unite expert thought leaders from round the world from business, academia, government, and international organizations to develop best practice and policy information in order for communities and businesses to thrive and achieve resiliency. This annual event will provide a unique convening platform to connect, identify, and collectively develop creative standards and solutions that will result in the mitigation of loss of life and property when catastrophic events occur.